Monday, March 10, 2008

PRICES for DALE GLADSTONE's CARICATURES

NY CARICATURES by DALE GLADSTONE

(subject to change. There are 3 hour minimums for most locations and times of year.)

Black & White Caricatures ...12 people/hr. .....$120.oo/hr.
Color Caricatures .................10 people/hr. ...$130.oo/hr.
Frames ............................................................$20.oo/hr. extra
clear bags ..........................................................$5.oo/hr. extra
CD-Roms ..........................................................$50.oo/each
Projector ..........................................................$20.oo/hr. extra
Screen...............................................................$20.oo/hr. extra
Video hook-up ..................................................$20.oo/hr. extra

The prices above are for hand-rendered digital caricature drawings on 8.5"x11" glossy photo paper.

I've often been told by my colleagues that my party caricatures prices are too low, but almost none of them actually advertise their prices (reason #1 why I trust them very little). In this economy, I doubt they're really keeping busy at higher prices. Meanwhile, I offer valuable options no one else does & usually earn more per hour than my peers because my customers often want some of the extras I'm selling. The most established old guy in this biz I know once told me he thought my menu of options & prices was too complex for customers. He thinks we should charge the same price all the time no matter what. A lot of my peers can't understand why I charge more for color caricatures than for black & white. I can't understand why they don't, can you? I'd like to agree that we should raise our prices just because rent, energy & groceries keep going up, but the real world doesn't always react well to such policies. People asked to pay more want to get more in return. That's the deal I offer & it works.

No comments: